2018-Feb

2018-Feb

Monday, March 3, 2014

Pensamientos

Since we've been here we've noticed the things we think about have changed. Here are some thoughts we never thought we'd think....

"I probably should leave my rings at home today since we're going to church."

"Do we have enough change to make it to church and back?" (we take the bus)

"I'm going to take my purse, but I'm only going to put (the equivalent of) $10 in it in case someone decides to rob me, and I don't really need my cell to go to the store so I'll leave that at home too."

"Yes, you can drink the tap water."  :)

Every morning when I get in the shower (without contacts) I have to remind myself that this spot on the tile is not a cockroach!
"Let's hang our clothes on the line today and save money by not using the dryer (electricity is expensive here)."

"Watch where you step! (There may be dog poo or a "gringo trap"!)"

"We better do the dishes before we go to bed tonight.....we don't want any creepy crawlies!"

"I'll just get in my car and drive to.....wait, no car, do I want to walk, take a taxi or the bus.....do I really need to go anywhere?"

"I just want to go for a walk.....let me unlock my 3 doors that stand between me and freedom... or is that safety?"

"The bathroom trash needs to be emptied again......because you can't flush toilet paper."

"I am so thankful that the bathroom does not smell like what is in the trash can."

"Fireworks again?"

"It's so nice outside, do I want to wear a skirt or pants?"

"Do I want to look out and see who is tapping on my gate?"

"If I don't have internet, do I really want to use data on my phone to check email/facebook?"

"Another cockroach?"
"Why are there ants on the bathroom counter where there is no food?"

These are just some of the many adventures of living in Costa Rica!  We're so glad you're along for the ride with us, thinking about us and praying for us.  To our friends and family back in the States reading this, we miss you very much!  And to our new friends here who might be reading this, it's been a blast sharing these new thoughts and experiences while serving here with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment